Washing Machines play a pivotal role in our ever-evolving, day to day needs. The current range of washing machines ranges from time-tested workhorses to energy efficient products with latest in technology and innovation. Customer’s being spoiled for choices with too many different types and different sizes of washing machines flooded in the Indian market. This Homeyantra’s Ultimate Guide to buying the right washing machine makes the first step of your buying journey much simpler, that is knowing what suits your needs the best. Here we go.
Types of Washing Machine – There are 3 types of washing machines that are available in India at the moment.
- Semi-Automatic – These washing machines are entry level washing machines with 2 tubs. These machines are cheaper and don’t need a constant supply of water. They are not feature rich, however, gets the basic job of washing clothes, done.
- 2 separate tubs for washing and drying
- Needs manual intervention
- Fully Automatic Top Loading – These machines are the most widely used washing machines at the moment. These have only 1 tub hence doesn’t require any manual intervention. They have preset washing programs which can make washing done by touching a button.
- Single Tub
- Integrated washer and dryer
- Better wash than Semi-Automatic
- Some have built-in heaters
- Energy efficient
- Fully Automatic Front Loading – These have the best washing quality among all the washing machines. Most of the machines have built-in heaters which are required for a hot wash. These are also the most water efficient machines.
- Best wash quality
- Most have built-in heaters
- Wash programs for a better wash
- Variable spin speeds for quicker drying
Below table would give a few differences in the type of washing machines-
It is advisable to fill the tub of the machine up to 75% of the total load capacity. This ensures optimum level of washing with efficient use of water. Refer to the below chart to get an idea about which capacity you should purchase.
Key features to look out for
Below are some key features, which we think would reduce the pain points in your laundry routine.
- Wash Cycles – Most top loader and front loader have wash cycles. Some advanced machines provide a plethora of wash cycles but come at a premium. These settings adjust water temperature and spin speeds to suit a wide range of fabric types
- Water Heater – Most front loader and some top loader fully automatic machines have a hot water wash functionality. They have an inbuilt heater which controls the temperature of the water.
- Quick Wash – This feature helps in quickly was a small load of clothes. This is very important when you have that last minute meeting and your clothes are in the laundry basket.
- Pause Washing Cycle – More often than not you forget to put the last sock or handkerchief in the machine, this feature is exactly for that kind of a situation. Most washing machines lock the doors once the washing cycle starts, a pause option would definitely let you put that in the machine.
- Steam – This feature is available in most mid-range to high-end washing machines these days. Steam passes through fibre better and hence, is used for removing tough stains which lead to odour free wash.
Homeyantra has simplified the process of choosing the right washing machine for Indian homes. With its smart decision tool, one can precisely know the right product that suits his needs.